Dear Fancy Lacy Community,
I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year.
For those of you who had a super-mega-fantastic 2015, I hope the coming year will still beat the record.
And for those who struggled more so than flourished, I pray that 2016 will compensate you generously.
We will shortly be embarking on a 366-day journey through seasons, birthdays and anniversaries, graduations and promotions, and many other exciting (and not) moments that make our lives unique and special. Remember – this year we have an extra day to make a difference! Appreciate it, and embrace it!
As I’m getting ready for the new start, here is what resolutions are shaping in my mind:
- Appreciate and maintain your health. It’s the one thing that physically enables you to go after your goals and dreams.
- See your health as a combination of healthy diet and active lifestyle. Eat more whole, nourishing foods and exercise regularly. Both habits are so rewarding!
- Surround yourself with positive people. We become like the people we are around most, and I choose optimism and enthusiasm over negative thinking!
- Learn to feel good about the quiet time. Every now and then, it’s okay to not fill every minute of your time with chores. Take time off screens; learn to relax in silence and stillness.
- Aspire to growth. Learn ways to get better at what you do. There’s no limit to enlightenment and education.
- Enjoy what you do. Love your work, and if you don’t – consider alternative options. Life’s too short to waste a third of it on something you find no satisfaction in doing.
- Learn to cope with stress. Stress is inevitable, so have coping strategies prepared.
- Try new things. Go into a “Yes-Man” mode from time to time, you never know what’s waiting to happen. It may end up being the best time of your life.
- Be kind and patient. Both make us human. Both have the potential to make a difference.
- Remember what’s important. Decide on your priorities and act accordingly.
Until next year!
Thank you for reading,