TGFQ: THANK GOD FOR QUINOA

Hello Fancy Lacy Community, A few posts ago I bragged about my part-time teaching job that left me the time to do the things I enjoy, such as going to the gym and experimenting in the kitchen. Well, the first week of 2016 was a whole different story. I was called in to sub for…

INSPIRATIONS FOR A HAPPIER 2016

Dear Fancy Lacy Community, I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year. For those of you who had a super-mega-fantastic 2015, I hope the coming year will still beat the record. And for those who struggled more so than flourished, I pray that 2016 will compensate you generously. We will shortly be…

CAREER VS LIFE: IN SEARCH OF THE BALANCE

Dear Fancy Lacy Community, It’s the season to be merry and my post is hardly going to be cheerful, but as the end of the year approaches, there are a few important things to consider for a more balanced, healthier life in 2016. A friend of mine has recently had a work-related nervous breakdown followed…

THE MIRACLES OF MEAL PLANNING

Hello Fancy Lacy Community, Throughout the month of November my husband and I planned our meals on a weekly basis. Although meal planning isn’t a novelty, I somehow never thought of integrating it into our routine. Live and learn, I guess. It was a good way to see how well we could make plans and…

HEART-WARMING TREATS FOR A SNOWY DAY

Hello Fancy Lacy Community, So here we are at last, in the white and windy kingdom of Saskatchewan. Winter has come after all, despite my sacred wishes for an even longer fall. It’s my first snow season here, in Regina, SK, and if I dare complain about the freezing temperatures and icy roads, I’m being reminded…

A GIVE-AND-TAKE GAME OF OUR DIGITAL DEVICES

Dear Fancy Lacy Community, Last week, I stopped by the library and picked up an interesting book titled Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age by Sherry Turkle. The author talks about the role of technology in, what she calls, a “flight from conversation” – the diminishing face-to-face interactions in which the…

JUICE ALMIGHTY: SIX THINGS I’VE LEARNED ABOUT JUICING

Hello Fancy Lacy Community, It’s official: winter is on its way. It’s getting colder and darker, and, as much as I like to, I can no longer live off fresh salads. I crave something warm, preferably to eat with a spoon, and having fridge-cold spinach and cucumbers just won’t do it for me in subzero…

TABATA: THE WORKOUT THAT COUNTS

Hello Fancy Lacy Community, According to a multitude of online sources, our diet accounts for roughly 70% of our physical shape. Unfortunately, you can never out-exercise a bad diet, that’s why eating clean is such a big thing these days. Now, the remaining 30% depends on what we do outside the kitchen, and today I’m…

FIVE DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS BREAKFAST IDEAS 

Hello Fancy Lacy Community, As a tribute to my first Thanksgiving feast in Canada, today’s post will be about food. Food is a major part of our daily lives; and, strangely enough, it is a subject that doesn’t seem to become any more exhausted even though thousands of books and articles have been written about…

How to properly embrace lemon-honey water

Hello Fancy Lacy Community, It is Anna here, and I’m giving you my first post. To begin with, I was truly overwhelmed by a vast array of ideas to write about. Oh, decisions, decisions! I finally came up with an icebreaker – my morning routine. It’s sort of a sneak peak of my personality, as…